Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy New Year!






Ok, well the camera thief still has not come and confessed, so I have no great pictures to share with you of Christmas, but we had a wonderful time! It was great to get together again with our family and celebrate the birth of Jesus! I'm enjoying so much the boys getting older and the fact that they (especially Nathan) are able to understand Christ's birth more. (Except for the fact that I had to make a slight correction in my teaching when Nathan said "Jesus was burned" instead of Jesus was born...). Ah, the minds of 5 yr. olds! They had such a good time over Christmas. Michael taught us the meaning of a Christmas tree during family devotions, and it was fun to see that they remembered the next night what each thing stood for!
Now as we head into 2009 ( hard to believe) I have all kinds of things I'm looking forward to, but I want to make Jesus #1 in my life! Sometimes that's hard to remember in the middle of a busy or frustrating day, but oh what peace it brings when I can just slow down and pray for peace and patience in the middle of it all. God is so good, he gives me peace beyond all of my feeble understanding!
We wish you all a very blessed New Year!

No comments: