I've had a pretty laid back philosophy when it comes to homeschooling this year. Not only did I not want to get burnt out with teaching according to a rigid schedule, but I didn't want my kids to get burnt out either. I'm sure we will get more structured as time goes on, but for this year, we're having fun.
We go to the library-a lot-and get books on everything from plants to Star Wars.
We go outside-a lot- and talk about nature, creation, and growing things.
And we go to places like the Natural Science Museum in downtown Raleigh! This was a great laid back day. We took our time, and learned lots of things. I think I'd much rather learn this way, than sitting in front of a book. How about you?
the butterfly room
the dinosaur room
"Rexie"
Looking at the underwater exhibits.
Eeekkk!
Looking around in the museum store. I really tried not to think about how many kids had that hat on their head when I saw Samuel had put it on.
Playing around in the discovery room
Nathan the beekeeper
A quick visit to the Museum of Natural History.
A beautiful day.




No comments:
Post a Comment