Back in December, we celebrated Nathan's 7th birthday. Even though it sounds cliche, I can't believe he's growing up so fast. He is turning into a young man before my eyes. As I reflect over the past year, I see how much he's grown up physically and mentally as well as emotionally. He is such a joy and a help to me,especially during these last couple of weeks of this pregnancy. He's halfway through first grade, lost a ton of teeth, and about to become a big brother again! But I know my Nathan, and he's definitely up to the challenge. This year for his birthday he chose to have a sleepover with a bunch of his friends. I thought it was a great idea! Am I nuts to have a bunch of little boys running around the house and acting crazy? No way. They had so much fun that night just doing what they do. They played football, roasted marshmallows, and carefully laid out battle plans to get Daddy--running back and forth to Nathan and Samuel's room, ahem, I mean the "ammo room" to get more gear. There wasn't much need to entertain them, they did everything themselves! I just sat back and watched- and refilled drinks as needed. Daddy did a great job playing with them, and the next morning we tag-teamed and made a load of pancakes and bacon. We had some very happy boys! Here are some pics of our weekend!
The birthday boy

A beautiful fire

A quick game of night football

Mommy and Abigail enjoying watching the boys run around

Enjoying pizza...

and cupcakes!

Playing the clothespin game

Someone getting a little sleepy late into the party.

Coming up with battle plans.


The aftermath

Boys becoming men before my eyes.

Wrapping it up with sleepy boys watching Toy Story 3.
No comments:
Post a Comment