Thursday, February 24, 2011

Reminders

It is very easy to say that it has been quite an adjustment having 3 children. It's not necessarily coming back to the baby stage-been there, done that twice. It's not the interaction between Abigail and her brothers-they've been wonderful with her, so kind and gentle and snuggly. The adjustment has been in my day-trying to juggle homeschooling, laundry, cooking, nursing a baby, and everything in between that comes with raising a family. God always has to remind me that His strength is made perfect in my weakness, and that where I am weak, there He is strong. Sometimes these reminders come in different ways. This morning it was through another blog that I read a couple of times a week. This is a mama to 7 children and she shares life as it really is, no fluff. The good with the bad-and I love that. Things are certainly never perfect, but these precious children have been given to us for a time, to teach them about God's love, and for us to learn God's love as well.
This is a quote she had put on her blog this week, so I'm going to share. The title of her post was "God in Motherhood".

"Everybody knows that a good mother gives her children a feeling of trust and stability. She is the one they can count on for the things that matter most of all. She is their food and their bed and their extra blanket when it grows cold in the night; she is their warmth and health and their shelter; she is the one they want to be near when they cry. She is the only person in the whole world, or in a whole lifetime, who can be these things to her children. There is no substitute for her. Somehow even her clothes feel different to her children's hands from anybody else's clothes. Only to touch her skirt or her sleeve makes a troubled child feel better." ~Katherine Hathaway
What a precious reminder as I mother my sweet children. I'm trying to enjoy the little things.

Like the fact that just when I think Abigail couldn't get any sweeter, it overflows.




Like the way she adores her brothers and they adore her.





I am grateful for my life.

No comments: