Today is a surreal day. What in the world happened to my 20's? Some would say I'm still a spring chicken. Others ( like my children) would say, Mom you're getting old! ( I love those tender moments). Today is starting out pretty much normally. Get up and showered, ready for the day,nurse the baby and change her diaper. Fix the boy's breakfast. Do some cleaning up and laundry. But I am so blessed. How much has changed in the last 10 yrs. What trials I have endured. How much more have I grown to love my husband, my children and my Lord. What friendships have grown. What blessings I have seen. Yes, today is surreal in so many ways. My 30th birthday, a chance to reflect on what my life has been so far. I don't think I would have done that at 20. God is so good, and always will be. I think that's how I will celebrate today-and also by listening to my sweet boys sing me happy birthday. ;)
May Christ shield me today
against poison and fire,
against drowning and wounding,
so that I may fulfill my mission
and bear fruit in abundance.
Christ behind and before me,
Christ behind and above me,
Christ with me and in me,
Christ around and about me,
Christ on my right and on my left,
Christ when I lie down at night,
Christ when I rise in the morning,
Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone that speaks of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.
- St Patrick




No comments:
Post a Comment