Sunday, August 3, 2008

Life in the Lilly house



My apologies all of you who are not hunting fans. Maybe I'll just stick to the blogging!
On a sweeter note, I wanted to post some pictures of some things that have happened recently at our home. One big thing is that Nathan is learning how to ride his bike without training wheels! He gets a jump start off of the ramp on our little storage building and just takes off!

Another big thing is that he is starting to read! It has been so exciting listening to him read these little books like Cat,Rat and Pig Wig. He is growing up so fast and I am loving this stage in his life. I have been thinking so much recently about what a responsibility it is to raise our children. Sure it's fun when they're little and cute and they are learning new things about the world around them, but it has opened my eyes so much these last few months just watching Nathan do all these new things. We have them for such a short time! How will we impact their lives and train them according to the gospel? It seems like just yesterday that my two beautiful boys were born, and now they are getting so big. What a great and awesome responsibility to train them in righteousness. My prayer is that they will love the Lord and his word with all of their heart and never depart from Him. May they be men of God!
There are some days when I am so exhausted trying to keep up with them and some days when I just have to sit back and laugh! A couple of weekends ago was just one of these instances. We had just gotten back from a care group social one night and had pulled up to feed our neighbor's dog. Nathan had gotten out with his daddy to "help", and caught a frog! Of course he wanted to bring it home and keep it as a pet, so he promptly brought it in the van.....then it got loose. Nathan was leaping over the seats to try and catch it. Finally he caught it and begged to bring it in the house. I must have been in a generous mood that night because I let him. He took it in our bathroom and put it in the tub. That poor frog. Samuel kept trying to pick it up but everytime he did the frog would just try to jump away, so Samuel squeezed harder. Then, Nathan picked up the frog, went over the the potty, lifted the lid, and held the frog over it. Fearing that he was going to flush the frog, I said " Nathan, stop! What are you doing?" It was then that he looked up at me with those big innocent eyes and said," The frog needs to pee, Mom!" After looking for a suitable container for the frog, but to no avail, and after much convincing to let him go back and live with his frog family, we let him go. The boys were disappointed, but they did well!

And that is just an ever- so-brief glimpse into the life of the Lilly household!

No comments: