Monday, August 31, 2009

It's been a great harvest

"O,taste and see that the Lord is good!"






Well, our wonderful garden is coming to an end. We are still getting a few tomatoes, squash, and eggplant, but things are definitely slowing down. These pictures were taken a few weeks ago when everything was at its peak. Michael's mom taught me to can this summer, and I've been going to town! I love it, and hopefully it will provide lots of yummy food during the off season. I have canned tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, vegetable soup, salsa, made 3 different kinds of pickles, and lately I've done apple butter and applesauce! We'll see how long it will last. Hopefully for a while! I'm trying to save the seeds from most of our stuff so we'll already have it for next year. Even the marigolds! I love this country life, and am very grateful for it! And by the way, we still have a jungle of cherry tomatoes. Anybody want some?

No comments: