Sunday, January 31, 2010

January Happenings

January has definitely been a busy month around here! We have done a lot of catching up and started some new things. Here is just a taste of what's been going on.
Michael celebrated his milestone 30th birthday on Jan.7th. We went with some friends to Buffalo Bros. for some good wings, and then just had some sweet fellowship together.


Homeschool has come back around in full swing the last half of the month. Between mommy working and being sick, it had a later start than I had hoped. Now we're making up for lost time! Nathan is doing unbelievably well in his reading, already halfway through the first grade portion in his Hooked On Phonics! Handwriting we're having to work on quite a bit, but it's coming around. Samuel usually does puzzles or colors while I'm working with Nathan, and then when Nathan is doing some seatwork, I can work with Samuel on his numbers, letters, etc. I have definitely learned to be flexible, and am still learning! I know we have a long way to go, but overall I think we are all enjoying it.

This was one day when I expected to go into their room and remind them that they were supposed to be making their beds. I "caught" Nathan reading to Samuel. I thought my heart would melt!
Part of our "school room"


Samuel learning his ABCs

Nathan practicing his handwriting with Spiderman

The snow that we got over the weekend was absolutely gorgeous! And you know the boys were right out in it as soon as they could. Took 30 min. to get them dressed, and Samuel was back in in about 15. Oh well, all about the experience right?




There is lots more to share. Nathan started in Upward basketball at our church this month, and we've got some fun homeschool things coming up. So I know I'll be back to share soon!

No comments: