Friday, September 10, 2010

Graduation-May 2010

A long awaited day finally arrived this past May. Michael graduated with his Masters of Divinity from Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. After being in college 10 long years, yes I said ten, he was finally done. The day he took his last final, he came home and cried. And I cried. Because it had been a very long road for both of us, but a good one. We have had many struggles along the way, but have also been blessed beyond measure. We have met many lifelong friends, and seen God's hand provide in ways we never thought were possible-not only financially, but spiritually and emotionally as well. We have met friends, said goodbye to friends, had babies, lost babies, been away from our family, but have been blessed with an amazing church family. We both feel we have grown by leaps and bounds in many ways since we've lived here and are grateful for every moment the Lord has led us through.

Here are some pictures of our blessed day.



The graduate getting everything fitted and straight the night before the big day!


Nathan laughing his head off because Daddy is wearing a "funny dress".



You can tell the boys are so excited to be up so early graduation morning


Michael's mom helping with his regalia.


Samuel trying to be occupied during the long ceremony. He kept complaining that his "tag" (tie) was too tight. What a ham.


Dr. Akin addressing the graduates


Not sure why this one turned out so blurry, but a grand moment all the same.


The proud graduate


One happy and relieved family.


We have so enjoyed our time in NC, but we know the Lord has not called us to remain here forever. Where we are going the Lord has not made perfectly clear yet. In the mean time we are still here serving, loving, working, and raising our family. We are trusting in God's perfect timing, and we know he is preparing us for that time!

1 comment:

Elizabeth @ Southern Comfort said...

What an accomplishment. I am always amazed by how calm and collected you are, even when God hands you BIG things in your life. I am so proud to call you my friend and coworker. I know your journey in NC isn't forever, and I get sad even thinking about you leaving. So I will remain in denial until then. God will provide for you and your family, and take you where you are needed and will make the most impact. I've never met a more inspirational friend! Love you!