Sunday, April 6, 2008

God is Faithful

This has been one tough week. Last Monday Samuel and I came down with a nasty stomach virus, then Nathan got it, then Michael. I thought by Tuesday night that we were getting semi-well, but when Samuel woke up Wed. morning I knew things were different. The nurse and the mommy in me knew he was getting too dehydrated and something had to be done, so I took him to the ER where we spent 8 lovely hours getting him hydrated and waiting on him to pee. But despite all of this, God was/is faithful. Samuel was such a champ, things could have been so much worse. God also gave me the strength and stamina I needed to be there for Samuel, despite just getting over it the night before. There were so many people praying, and I could feel it! God's peace reigned over the entire day. God is faithful! We had so many plans for this week, but I'm reminded of the verse that says our plans are many, but the Lord directs our steps! He had a purpose for us to experience all this, and though we may never know it, His ways are higher than our ways, and his thoughts are higher than our thoughts. We trust Him to take care of us! We are much better now, just still getting our strength back, and looking forward to jumping back into our schedule this week!

No comments: