Saturday, September 27, 2008

Close call


I just wanted to share with you all some of the pictures I finally uploaded into our computer from the last month or so. These are some pictures of the tree that is directly behind our house that was struck by lightening and destroyed our computer tower and tv. You can probably see from the pictures that bark was scattered all over our back yard and how the tree was stripped. Nathan and Samuel were in our bedroom when this occured, which is directly behind the tree. We have thanked God that all were safe when this happened. The tree is very old and our house is right next to the tree. Our landlord told us that the tree's roots probably run all underneath our house, and that the lightening obviously traveled through the tree's roots and hit certain things in the house that were most sensitive (and might I add the most expensive!). Michael's mom had just gotten Samuel out of the tub moments before this happened. How grateful we are to God for his safety! He is truly all-powerful!

No comments: