Sunday, September 14, 2008

update

Just wanted to update you all on a few things. We had to replace the computer tower this week, but praise the Lord! We were able to get all of our information off of our other one, so we didn't lose anything! I was so grateful. Even though it was a bit expensive, it could have been so much worse.
God is gracious!
Nathan started playing soccer for Upwards last week in Rocky Mount. It is a bit of a drive (40min for us), but it is so worth it. They are so cute playing out there! All of the boys on Nathan's team were 4 or 5 yrs. old. There is a little airport that's nearby and everytime a plane flew overhead, they all stopped playing to look and point. His first game is this Saturday. He has practice each Monday night and games each Saturday morning. The other nice thing is that Michael is the coach of his team. One of the great things about Upwards is how much the bring the Word into it. They have Scripture to memorize each week, and they learn different godly character traits to practice. What a ministry opportunity! I've been designated the "team mom", whatever that is...but I'm already seeing ministry opportunities within the other moms. One of them sat down next to me at last weeks practice and pulled out her coupon organizer along with her CVS flier. A woman after my own heart!(For those of you who have no clue what I'm talking about, jump over to moneysavingmom.com for some great tips!) We instantly had a great opportunity to talk. Please pray that we would be open to sharing Christ with whomever we come in contact with over these next few weeks.
Samuel started full on potty training last week. He has done great! A few accidents of course, but overall he has done so well. He used to potty all day at church and even when we went out to eat afterwards!(strange thing to get excited about I know, but hey, what can I say? I'm a mom!)
We also started officially homeschooling last week. We are just doing about 3 days a week of pre-K stuff, but I love it! Nathan is doing really well, and Samuel is learning right along with him (in between getting up and down a million times of course)!
Over all, this seems to be a very busy time for our family, which is taking some adjusting. But we also know that it is just for a season, and we're just taking one day at a time!

Well, that was an eternally long blog post, but it's been quite a while since I've given a good update! Hope to talk to many of you soon!

No comments: